Just a quick update on my the first panel of my Baal Prime/Mars/Red Planet board the first panel is now finished.
After its wash, all that was left (after waiting for an age for the army painter dark tone to dry) was a light dry brush with blood red to slightly bring out some of the raised areas and rocks around the skulls and the skulls themselves which just had a dry brush with bleached bone and then covered in devlan mud. Finally I gave them a light drybrush with blood red just so they don’t stand out too much (let’s face it they would be dusty red being in the ground).
Here are some of the shots I took earlier
And finally here's me trying to be cinematic with some action shots of my marines on the board itself. Next up is the side section with more rocks on it! Its also worth noting that after these shots I remembered that I forgot to apply the Matt anti-shine varnish, though after this was done I had a look and it really made little difference on pictures due to the lighting, will try and get some better completely shine-less ones next time.